Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You Were the Center of My Everything

There was a time I loved you so much that you were the center of my everything...

Your gravity drew me in so close nothing else mattered...

When I slept I thought of you
When I worked I thought of you
No matter what I did all I could do was think of you...

Every day when I woke up and saw you next to me
I felt like the luckiest man in the world...

You completed every aspect of who I was and what I had always dreamed of...

I felt content to live that moment forever...

Then one day our gravity broke and we started to drift apart. I tried so hard to do everything I could to get back into your center but nothing I did worked...

We continued to drift further and further apart...

The part of me that you needed most was so lost and depleted
I couldn't even call for help...

I did not know where to turn
So I fell deep inside myself...

So far at times that I could barley even see
My world began to go dark without your light...

The pain became so unbearable that all I could do was hide...

I never meant to leave you alone but soon I was so lost in a place so dark
I could no longer even find myself...

The further we drifted apart the darker it became...

When all your light was gone I gave up hope and began to die...

All my shame became a great big lie...

Some how some way if I believed we were ok
Then things would work out maybe some day
Your light would come back to me...

Then I would again see how your gravity meant so much to me...

I would be drawn near and held closely
Back to that place where nothing else mattered...

Just you just me and the love we had together...

Unfortunately when the light in my world began to shin again and I could see a path for me to be free of the darkness you were nowhere to be found...

I looked and looked as my world became brighter and brighter
But still I could not see you...

I did not know what to do and still felt so lost without you...

Eventually my world was as bright as could be but still no gravity...

I found my self to be lost in a world of light because my purpose was gone...

Now it is just me learning to move on...


See this poem posted at GS Poetry:
http://www.gspoetry.com/you-were-the-center-of-my-everything-love-poems-454646.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dedicate this poem to Yvonne

No comments: