Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Love My Babies



To My Children

Loving you
With all my heart
Right from the
Very start...

You mean
The World
To me
More than
Anything you see...

Always here for you
If your scared
I'll hold you tight
All through the night...

When you are sad
I'll make you glad
That Daddy is near
We will laugh and play
All through the day...

I will do my best
To fix your toys
Teach you many things
Give good advice
And mend
Your hurts and pains...

I will take you
On walks in the park
Trips to the mall
Visit the zoo
Maybe even ride
A train or two...

When you are tired
I'll lay you down
Tuck you in
And even find your
Favorite sleeping toy
Or baby doll...

I'll read you a story
To help you fall a sleep
Close your eyes
And rest your head
Sweet dreams
My little ones...

If you should wake
In the night
Have a bad dream
Hear a scary noise
Or need a drink
Daddy will be there...

I will stay
Until all is better
Even fall a sleep
Next to you...

------------------------------

See original posting on GS Poetry:
http://www.gspoetry.com/to-my-children-family-poems-455817.html

No comments: