Thursday, August 21, 2008

Determination to Dream

then and now

Determination to Dream

I. Dream

As I sit here
12 o'clock
Soon to be one
I stair down
Into this brewed cup of oil.

Tugging at my intellect.
Thoughts of wealth and prosperity
My vision is full.
Trying to focus
On needs
And putting wants second.

Risk is a game of thinking
Plotting strategies
Movements forward.

Do what it takes
Obtain my goals
And set the new.

Never losing sight
Of happiness or joy.

It is the light at the end
A realized vision.
A dream fulfilled.

II. Fears

Apprehensive of misfortune
Living in a bubble.

Outside is a wonderful place
I am sure.
I will never know

Stepping out is a risk.
One
I don't know if I can take

Cold sweat running
Down the back of my neck.
Soon to reach my ankles.

The timid young boy
Paid the sixth grade bully.
Never ate his lunch.

All hopes are barred
Deep in agony and pain.

Bitter sickness holds me in
While others play in the sun.

Never take a risk
Never overcome a challenge
I will lose.

III. Hopes

Like the droplets
Of breast milk
The most pure and fulfilling.

Creating desire
When hunger is at it peak.

Like infants they are seeds
Growing stronger
With every moment
And piece of knowledge.

Nurturing our minds
With a honey so sweet
That our vision becomes
Impaired.

A fine line is walked
Between the real
And the obscure.

A question of action or passive thought
A separation of possibility.
It is or is not!

IV. Perseverance

1000 years of living
In a pit darkness.
0ne day I walked out.

I found strength
In the warmth of insight.

One goal achieved
The ability to overcome.

At age 12
Wanted that shiny corm bike.
The one that lived
In the window of old Earl's Bike Shop.

Glistening like a star among stars.
It is a machine
Possessing power
Everything I desired.

Working harder than 20 oxen
I mowed lawn and painted fences
Took the complaints

In the end
I had what all others
Lusted after.

My determination
My hopes
And my dreams.

GS Poetry
As It is Written
©2008 Ben Greer PhotoBen750
www.bengreer.com

No comments: